Neem seeds are sprouting!
Neem Tree Farms Blog / Uncategorized / Neem seeds are sprouting!
Uncategorized by Vicki August 22, 2011, 8:45 am
It’s our very favorite time of year! Neem seeds are popping up so fast that they’re literally pushing the soil above them – they look like baby volcanoes in our flats with big green leaves exploding up.
We’re shipping seeds now, starting with customers on our email list. Follow this link, http://neemtreefarms.com/living-plants-hidden-specials-c-124_170.html because they won’t be visible on the main site until we handle the demand from people who have been patiently waiting. Germination rates appear to be about 90% but we can’t guarantee what will happen after they go through the mail system.
Rather than buying seeds, we highly recommend that you wait another week for these sprouts to reach three to five inch tall. They’re a little more expensive but you’re getting a plant not a seed so you don’t need to wonder whether it will germinate or not. (We can’t ship the sprouts overseas though, or to Hawaii.)
Other news from the farm:
- If you haven’t tried our incredible Botanical Outdoor Gel, check it out with a Buy One Get One free coupon through Sept. 19. It’s not EPA approved as an insect repellant, but it’s packed with neem oil and aloe vera to soothe itchy skin. We think it’s so good that we guarantee you’ll like it or we’ll refund the purchase price. Order two and then type bogobog in the coupon line to get a refund on the second product.
- We’ve been hearing great results from customers who are using the NimBioSys 100% neem oil on stink bugs. It’s available in all states except New York and Arkansas and controls dozens of insect pests – with the same active ingredient found in our skin and hair care products. (I LOVE knowing what I’m spraying on my plants is exactly the same thing I’m using to moisturize my face!)
- Cleaning out the greenhouse getting ready for the influx of seeds, we found some plants we’d forgotten we had. About a dozen alma trees – aka Indian gooseberry – finally recovered from the cold. The trees are only about a foot tall but they have spectacular root systems. We also had purchased some spineless nopal at a customer’s request and rooted extra. They’re beautiful plants, also about a foot tall, and vigorous growers.
- Lucky Pets (www.luckypets.org) is now online and we’re shipping to a number of independent pet stores. If you rescue animals, or know someone who does, please ask them to call me at 877-500-6336, ext. 3 to talk about how we can help.
- “Like” us on Facebook for updated news and special offers, plus tips on how to use neem from people around the world, including the latest international research. (I’m afraid I do FB better than blogging…)
I’m still amazed that kids here are heading back to school next week. Hope you’ve had a wonderful summer in your neck of the woods!
Vicki and the Neem Team
YOUR COMMENTS! I LOVE 'EM
LEAVE A COMMENT
AND MAKE ME HAPPY