It usually surprises people when they learn that we actually started Neem Tree Farms expecting to grow the trees, not manufacture or sell neem products. We're dirt farmers at heart and we love watching plants grow. Since planting our first neem trees in 1992, we've become the nation's largest grower of neem trees -- although we'll be the first to admit that makes us the big fish in a very, very small pond.
Neem trees will always be the heart of our business, but we're growing more and more plants based on customer requests. We're now growing gotu kola, betel leaf, chaya, holy basil, ashwagandha, and brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), plus we're experimenting with alma and a really nice spineless nopal .
Overseas customers: please contact us before placing an order. We cannot ship to many locations but we are working to build a database with contact information on neem growers around the world. Some customers, including Canadian customers, must pay for a $60.00 phytosanitary inspection before trees or living plants can be shipped.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have neem seeds or plants available and would like to be included in our international database.
MORE ABOUT OUR TREES:
- Plants are primarily sold online. We do not have a public greenhouse location, any appointment must be scheduled in advance
- Trees shipping at this time are approximately two feet tall with a one-foot rootball.
- The neem we sell is the true azadirchta indica. We do not sell curry neem, Murraya koenigi because it is a vector for a serious citrus disease and we are not allowed to grow it in Florida.
- Here are growing directions for all of our plants. Printed directions for each plant you purchase will be included with your shipment.
- Trees are shipped via the United States Postal Service Priority Mail.Most are shipped on Monday and Tuesday to ensure that they don't spend the weekend in a box somewhere en route to you. If you need a tree more quickly, please make a note in the comment section.
- Trees are shipped live and healthy and we are not responsible for damages incurred at the Post Office. Please contact us immediately if your tree is damaged in shipment.
- We don't ship anything much larger than three feet because the postage costs increase exponentially.
- They do grow very rapidly once they're in the ground - but you will need to protect them from freezing temperatures.
- When growing in large pots, you can root trim them, in the spring right before they’re ready to go outside for the summer.
- We have an ethical commitment to protecting the earth. Our neem is grown without chemical fertilizer or pesticides.We hate paperwork, so it is not certified organic.
- Government regulations have made it very difficult to ship living plants across international borders. We cannot ship seeds or plants to the E.U. Please contact email@example.com for information on shipping to other countries.
Learn more about the difference between neem leaf and neem bark here.