Neem, called "sarva roga nivarinor" or healer of all ailments in ancient India, is a cornerstone of one of the world's oldest medical systems. Ancient Vedic texts dating back to 2500 BC describe how neem was used to treat a wide variety of ailments.
Neem has been used internally by millions of people over thousands of years. When taken as directed in adults who are not pregnant or trying to conceive a child, it is remarkably free of side effects. (Some researchers link its contraceptive activities to its immune-boosting properties.) It is not recommended for internal use in children who weigh less than 100 pounds because it contains aspirin-like compounds that may cause Reyes Syndrome.
- Certified-organic neem leaf capsules are our best-selling supplement.
- Supercritical extract of neem leaf offers the concentrated power of supercritical extraction in a tiny, easy-to-swallow pill.
- Alcohol-based extracts - available in both neem leaf or neem bark-- are fast-acting supplements in convenient dropper bottles.
- Neem teas are formulated with peppermint or cinnamon - herbs which have also been used for the medicinal benefits for centuries. The tea can be sweetened with honey or stevia.
- Raw neem products, including neem leaf, neem powder and neem bark, can be used for internal supplementation or to make your own capsules, extract or tea.
Neem oil, including the certified-organic oil, is NOT recommended for internal use.
Learn more about the difference between neem leaf and neem bark here.