Neem Anti-Itch Products
Although no U.S. company has FDA approval to sell products labeled to control insects on people or pets, neem has long been recognized as a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps soothe dry, irritated skin. These products are all made with essential oils (so they smell good) and carrier oils that soak in quickly so you don’t smell “neemy” all day.
We make a series of Anti-Itch products, each for specific uses:
- Neem Anti-Itch Formula was our first (and still most popular) Neem Anti-Itch product. It’s an oil product made with about 30% neem blended with essential and carrier oils that are designed to soak in quickly and work for hours. We use it almost daily this time of year when we’re working in the greenhouse. It’s best if you use it right after your shower and apply to slightly damp skin so you get the extra “slick” without making you greasy.
- Neem Anti-Itch Salve Stick was created using the same formula but we added beeswax and packaged it as a bar that looks like a deodorant stick. It’s perfect for applying a very thin layer of protection anytime of day.
- The Neem Anti-Itch Spray (formerly Sprout’s Spray) is a cooling option, but since it’s made with water, it isn’t as effective as the more concentrated formulas. It’s still one of our favorites, though, for times when we’re just sitting around enjoying the outdoors without working up a sweat in the greenhouse or garden.
- Neem Anti-Itch Drops for Dogs were formulated for our rescued pups who typically come from shelters covered in bites because they used the least-expensive flea and tick treatments. You can almost see a difference immediately when they get a couple of Anti-Itch Drops and a neem capsule. They stop scratching and go to sleep almost immediately — although part of it may just be escaping the noisy shelter environment. (We probably give away more of the Neem Anti-Itch Drops for Dogs than we sell because rescue groups see such immediate results. Please contact vicki at neemtreefarms.com if you’re part of a 501(c)3 animal rescue organization.)
- We also make an Anti-Itch Soap, although it’s still labeled as Neem-Aloe Soap with citronella. It’s a great choice for you and your pup during hot summer months.
Neem Anti-Itch Formula and Neem Anti-Itch Drops for Dogs are both available as free samples when you purchase another neem product — but they’ve been so popular that they’re now limited to one per customer.